Professional Children’s School does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender or sexual orientation in employment practices, admissions criteria or the day-to-day functioning of the school.
Because PCS was founded to educate children working in the arts, its student body should reflect the diversity of the arts community.
Consequently, we believe that:
1. varied viewpoints and experiences are essential to a young person’s development of informed perspectives and humane values;
2. an awareness of and respect for social and cultural differences is an essential educational component;
3. a diverse school community actively combats prejudice and bias and fosters an appreciation and understanding of others.
Therefore, Professional Children’s School is committed to:
1. upholding of non-discrimination as a fundamental principle and increasing efforts to achieve inclusivity;
2. continuing efforts to recruit and support students from diverse backgrounds;
3. continuing efforts to recruit and support faculty, staff, Parent Association members and trustees from diverse backgrounds.