Skip to main content


Professional Children's School is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students once the following conditions have been met:

  • The student has received a letter of acceptance and the Enrollment Contract.
  • The Enrollment Contract has been signed and returned to the school, along with a non-refundable $2,850 deposit.
  • The student must submit written proof of financial responsibility while enrolled as a student at PCS.
  • Conditions for the student's living arrangements during the school year should be outlined, and must include a local address for a parent or guardian.

For those students who are transferring from schools within the United States, a photocopy of the original I-20 form must be submitted.

Once you receive the I-20 form, you should call the American Consulate for specific requirements for obtaining the F-1 (full-time student) visa. The F-1 visa must be obtained before the student leaves his/her country, as it is much more complicated to obtain once in the United States. If a student has entered the country with a visitor's visa it is advisable that the student apply for F-1 status as soon as possible.

For those students who are unable to obtain a visa: the deposit, minus the International Student Fee, will be refunded upon proper notification and the return of the original I-20 form to the school.

Note: If the student has not registered for classes at Professional Children's School within two weeks of the date on the I-20 form, we will be required to notify the United States Department of Homeland Security in order to inform them that the form is no longer valid.